Things I can't eat:

Allergic to: Peanuts. Tree Nuts. Legumes (includes beans, peas). Seeds. Soy. Raw Fruit. Raw Vegetables.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Oreo Fudge Crumble

I love dessert. Probably because for most of my life, I haven't been able to *really* enjoy it. My philosophy is simple: If I don't read it, I don't eat it. So if someones not sure exactly whether that cookie dough was safe, and they've already thrown out the packaging...I just don't eat it. After college, I started baking my own desserts, and discovered a world of goodies.

Last night I needed a quick, easy dessert for a dinner party. My friends were already over, dinner was in the oven and I was out of time. So I threw together a sweet and simple, allergy friendly dessert. The best part? You only need three ingredients.


  • Oreos
  • Chocolate (hard to find allergy friend chocolate, but it's out there. I promise. Hershey chocolate chips should be fine!)
  • Butter
Toss some chocolate into a double boiler, and add about a half tablespoon of butter. Stir all the way to chocolaty heaven.


Next, put your Oreos in a baggie (I used two plastic bags to prevent tears/spillage), and smash your cookies!
smashing, baby.

Once your chocolate is melted and your cookies are crunched, pour the cookie crumbs into the chocolate. Stir together, pour into a tupperware (or molds, or cupcake tins...it's up to you!), and refrigerate for about one hour. 

Remove, cut, devour. 

There was more, but I ate it. 

That's it! Such a fast, easy, delicious treat. And it's totally nut free! Tonight, I share my favorite childhood meal. Tomorrow? Nut-free granola bars. Yeah, they're real. 



No comments:

Post a Comment